Sunday, March 8, 2009



baby MEDBASICS and West Coast Maternity in NYC

As you all know by now, my gig with this blog is, the more you know the less you worry. I chose that theme because I find that time and time again... well, it's true. Here is my latest example. 

When we first started MEDBASICS I had heard whisperings about the need for showrooms/sales reps but didn't have the first clue how one nurse/mom/bran new entrepreneur might go about doing this. Worry? Ummm, yea, add it to the list! But then I met Cathe and Jodi (west coast maternity girls) last fall at the ENK Children's Club show here in NYC. I peppered them with questions re: how "it" all works, what should I look for, what is standard commission, etc. As fate would have it, they ended up being our LA maternity showroom and in some way, my "rep" mentors. They've put us in touch with reps in other cities and continue to help us figure this part out.

This weekend they're in town for the spring ENK show and in a oh so chic kind of way. They've rented a super cool loft space around the Flatiron district rather than the traditional trade show booth space.  They're providing hors d'oeuvres, cocktails and free car service to buyers- who doesn't love that? On Friday, I dropped off more baby MEDBASICS samples/line sheets and hung out for a bit while they set up the showroom.  I snapped a few photos for fun but also to remember, it truly takes a village. 

We don't have to know it all or do it all. Nobody can. So as I sit here at my computer I feel overwhelmingly grateful that while I'm taking care of day to day MEDBASICS' stuff as well as home and school stuff, someone else is helping sell our products. This might be the ultimate know more, worry less statement and true in every area of my life, not just business, 
wait for it... 
Knowing that other people are helping me makes me worry less.

No comments: