Friday, March 13, 2009



What makes a 2 year old happy in the morning?

At my house the answer every time is DIPPY EGGS! Before meeting my husband I was not familiar with dippy eggs. Scrambled, yes. Poached, of course. Fried... hello, I grew up in Missouri. Eating dippy eggs is one of Luke's fondest childhood memories and even still, he looooves when his mom comes for a visit because she makes a dippy egg for him.. ahhh (you know we'll be the same way when our little ones grow up!) 

Here's the secret to making a perfect dippy egg...

1. Fill a pot 1/2 full of cool water and gently place the egg in the bottom.
2. Bring water to a full boil.
3. Let egg boil for JUST 1 MINUTE! (believe me when I say just one minute... I've played with the time and ruined many an egg)
4. Gently remove egg with a slotted spoon and place in your dippy egg holder (there may be a more official name for these things, but if there is, I don't know it)
5. Tap around the top edge (approx. top 1/8 of the egg) gently with a knife and remove top. 
6. Place sliced buttered bread on plate (to dip inside the egg) next to dippy egg and serve with a smile!

Try one tomorrow morning and tell me if your toddler (& maybe your husband too) doesn't love it! Enjoy!

No comments: