Monday, March 23, 2009



Introducing....  Tuesday's Two Truths and a Non Truth

Our family sometimes plays a game over dinner called 2 truths and a lie. Each person, offers 3 statements and the group decides which two are true and which one is not. (It's great actually because I can study the mannerisms of my 10 year old now, so when he's a teenager I'll know if he's lying! Kidding, kind of.) 

I was just going to offer a parenting/safety tip every Tuesday but thought it might be more fun to incorporate 2 truths and a non truth because there's so so so much information circulating re: medicine, safety, parenting etc. that just isn't true. (I'm saying non truth because lie seems too harsh especially when some of the non truths may come from our own well intentioned mothers or grandmothers) So, every Tuesday I'll have a different topic related to you or your child. I'll tell you 2 truths and 1 non truth (an old wives tale, "advice from mom" or maybe something you just didn't know). Then you see if you can spot one that's not true. If you have questions about a topic in particular or a great idea for 2 truths and a non truth, please let me know. 

Here we go....
Today's topic is FEVER
1. Any baby under 3 months who has a fever should be seen by a doctor asap.
2. Baby aspirin is the best treatment for infants who have a fever.
3. A rectal temperature gives the most accurate reading, particularly in infants under 1 year.

Can you spot the non-truth? Feel free to post your guess in the comment section. Tomorrow I'll post which 2 are true, which one is not and why!

1 comment:

HMA said...

I say #1 isn't true... don't some infants even start teething that early? (which could cause fever)
tough one, though... now, where's my MedBasics book so I can cheat?