Wednesday, March 11, 2009




Thunder and Lightning... seriously?

Okay, so I've yet to blog about anything political mostly because I find that politics may be the one thing that contradicts my "the more you know, the less you worry" belief. This week I was reading Maureen Dowd's column in the NY Times and came across something that definitely struck a nerve with me. I write this for every woman who has dreamed of, spent time praying for or God bless her actually made it to a gym in an attempt to get beautifully sculpted arms. 

So the story goes.... evidently Maureen was in a taxi with David Brooks (NY times) talking about Michelle's amazing arms (that part I'm fine with.. who hasn't noticed?) Here's what I'm not fine with- David indicated that is was time for her (michelle) to cover up. "She's made her point," he said. "Now she should put away Thunder and Lightning." Seriously? Seriously. 

I have to admit I've never seen David Brooks in a muscle shirt, but I'm guessing his comments may have been inspired by insecurity... (not judging, just guessing). So to David Brooks, I pass along a tip from my 10 year old son, - David, you don't have to make someone else feel bad to feel good about yourself. We should celebrate this woman for her successes- she's highly educated, a successful attorney, a wife, a mother, the First Lady (hello!) and proud owner of beautifully sculpted arms. We love you Michelle!

No comments: